Thursday, May 24, 2007

Weekly Screen Scrape - Intermission

Hmm.....real estate must be taking a vacation this week. No houses went pending, and no new houses came on the market (there were 2 re-lists). At least the re-lists were being sensible and came back on the market with substantial price drops.

Price per square foot of homes for sale seems to be plateauing at $220. There are currently 16 homes pending sale that meet my criteria in Folsom and EDH, and 61 still on the market.

A house we looked at in late February dropped its price 21%! It went pending the week of the 18th. They were dreaming at their original list price, but I think a 12% drop would have done the trick. They were probably interested in playing the "multiple competing offer" game.

2 comments:

Cmyst said...

Other than by keeping your own meticulous records, how can you tell how many times a home has listed and at what prices? One of the homes I was tracking went off-market, then came back yesterday.

Buying Time said...

If a property met my criteria before it went off the market, I keep it in a separate list....cause many come back on. I then compare the list with the new listings each week. I keep all the old details, like the week it went on the market etc. and the last price. But I can't identify properties that originally went off the market in a higher price bracket, then came back on the market in my price bracket.