Wednesday, January 9, 2008

About this Site (Boring Disclaimer)

I maintain this blog for my own personal use as an online journal in my home buying process. I report on what I have learned in my conversations with others, so the conclusions and comments based on those conversations are my own. For example, information presented in the “good buys” section does not constitute a recommendation to others. It is merely my personal assessment based on information I have gathered. I am not a professional in the real estate field, so my comments should not be construed as professional advice.

Material posted on this blog is for informational purposes only, and no warranty is made as to its accuracy. You should never rely solely on the information posted at this blog to make serious financial decisions, e.g. obtaining a mortgage, purchasing a home, and filing for bankruptcy or any other serious financial decision that has long-term consequences and affects your income, standard of living and financial health. Using the information, tips and sample language is at your own risk.

I advise you to discuss important financial matters with an accountant, attorney, real estate agent or other industry professional before making major decisions. The information contained on this blog may not be applicable to your individual situation and may be in conflict with the laws and standard business practices in the particular state in which you reside. In addition, new federal and state laws may be enacted or revised that render the information at this website obsolete or invalid.

In no event shall Average Buyer be liable to any user or any third party for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use of information on this blog. If you are dissatisfied with any blog content or with these terms and conditions, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the blog.

Through this blog you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Average Buyer. I have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.

2 comments:

radiophilejapan said...

Hi AB,
Welcome back from Thanksgiving.
I understand the disclaimer, and I'd still like to ask you for a couple of real estate agent names that you would use yourself. If I use their services it will be at my own risk, of course. I'm flying from Tokyo to CA mid December and I wanted to get a first glimpse of what is available out there. I'll need agents particularly knowledgeable abou the different developments inside Serrano, or any similar gated community.
I'd appreciate any suggestion since it will probably be more effective then choosing from website lists.
Thank you.
RadiophileJapan

Buying Time said...

Wow, that's a big move! Very exciting. It is probably best for you to e-mail me at average_buyer at yahoo dot com (I always spell it out so screen scrapes don't send me spam). I can give you some tips on Serrano and the other gated developments, as well as the contact (with lots of caveats =)