Friday, September 26, 2008

Conscience Un-Masqued

A week or two ago, I received an e-mail from a mom asking if I knew if Masque (in EDH) had closed. I assumed that it was perhaps a special event. But then someone else mentioned it as well.

I got home late last night, after being on the East Coast for a week, and saw a write up in the Village Life, that the local four star has closed its doors. There is a great deal of speculation as to why the restaurant closed down...apparently the owner isn't talking....but the article did mention "downright snarky blog entries" which got me worried that my gossip piece may have found a wider audience.

So I checked my Google statistics, the search term "Masque" never came up, only "swingers el dorado hills" and "bedroom community." So I am pretty sure my earlier entry, was not a contributing factor in all this.

I should mention that Mr. BT & I never went there, or to Z's bistro for that matter (which also closed its doors recently). I assume that is the more telling factor since we are local and haven't even eaten there.

I should also mention that the activity I referenced in my post was widely known and discussed in my mom's group. I even forbade Mr. BT from going there at happy hour due to the reputation.

The goal of this blog is not to do harm, but to inform and discuss. In the future, I will do my best to not share juicy gossip. For the record, I have restrained myself on countless occasions from excoriating those whose behavior shocks my conscience.

No comments: