Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Weekly Screen Scrape - Defying Gravity

Wow...big jump in inventory for this week's screen scrape. The inventory of homes that meet my criteria (in Folsom and EDH) now stands at an all time high.

How can it be you ask? Isn't inventory falling? Yes, but so are prices. As prices drop on existing inventory, they eventually show up in my screen scrape.

However when prices fall, contract activity goes up. The best deals do get snapped up ....saw one at $153 a square foot go pending (not sure if it was a new listing or a price reduction). New homes also make for a sizable portion of the homes pending.

3 comments:

... said...

what I said. . .

Buying Time said...

and I agreed ....

Anonymous said...

Ave,

You can always keep an eye on it the house via Agent. I seen quite a few "decent" deals that I hadn't jumped on come back on the market, freshly reduced. Not everyone is able to close.