Friday, July 25, 2008

Historical Housing Statistics along Highway 50 in Sacramento

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm a little burnt out on our home search and depressed about our prospects for finding a home anytime soon......

So instead I am generating some data to keep idle Friday workers entertained. Below is the monthly DataQuick sales count, median price per square foot, and median sales price data I have collected from the SacBee website for the major zips along Hwy 50 in Sacramento (95819, 95826, 95827, 95670, 95630). As with all my SacBee DQ data, I don't have any means of updating it (like when DQ changed their methodology), so for the record I am not making any representations as to the data's accuracy.

Feel free to post Zip requests. I will try and fill them next week.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like on a zip code level the neighborhoods move together. It is probably a ton of work, but I think the price bands would show different behavior since buyers are usually in price bands more than zips. Interesting data.