Monday, May 14, 2007

If My Obsession were a Full-Time Job


Not that I feel I need to justify my obsession, but if I did, it wouldn’t be hard. I did a quick bit of math, and if I obsess about purchasing a home for 2 hours a day during the week, and it saved me $50,000 in purchase price of a home, on a per hour basis, that is the equivalent of an annual salary of $200,000. Certainly more than hubby and I make in one year. Although we don’t plan to quit our day jobs =)

I made a quick chart, so that others can feel good about their obsession as well (I know there are several of you sucked into this same vortex). If you think you might have to wait more than a year, then simply divide the annual salary by the number of years you think you will wait.

2 comments:

Buying Time said...

And before anyone comments that this math is completely bogus....I do realize the houly extrapolation to a yearly salary doesn't exactly hold water. But its the same logic that was recently published telling me that if I were a stay-at-home mom I would be contributing $100,000 to my household (reference to recent story omitted on purpose).

Anonymous said...

Yes, but by those accounting rules, I probably need to compensate my wife at an hourly rate for "mental health counseling," so that will cut into my bottom line.