Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Preliminary Weekly Screen Scrape

Don't have my screen scrape data with me on travel (still in Atlanta), however I pulled my usual Folsom and El Dorado Hills data off www.metrolistmls.com. At first glance, it looks like we have a repeat of last week, not much contract activity, still hovering around 20%, and again the average price per square foot rose of home for sale!

Hmmm funny thing about higher prices.....they don't sell homes. In June prices were coming down, and houses were going under contract the fastest I had seen since I began tracking in February. Now the opposite is occurring, prices are going up, and contract activity has stagnated.

I'm so FRUSTRATED!

I will likely head over to Blackstone this weekend to take a peak at how their sales are doing.

2 comments:

Cmyst said...

Will you trust what they tell you?
I drove out there a week or so ago, after you mentioned it. I was just checking out the location, though -- I wasn't brave enough to go into the sales office.

Buying Time said...

I was just going to take a quick look at the plat map to see how many sold stickers they have. Lennar sales office will be open as well. Haven't had a chance to look at their prices but DH says they are higher than Centex.