Tuesday, July 17, 2007

To Take a Test Drive?

Hubby and I have really started to get frustrated with the market here in EDH and Folsom. Prices have been on a plateau for a month or two. As a result, we have begun to seriously consider other areas which have been more responsive to the market conditions.

(Of course as I mentioned in a previous post, this exact situation will eventually lead to softening prices in these more desirable areas as average folks like us decide to look in more affordable neighborhoods.)

So here is our dilemma. We had decided to find a cheaper rental, and the guy across the street was willing to rent out his place for $350 less than we pay now. (He commutes to the South Bay for work leaving his wife, with three young kids in tow, to essentially raise the kids by herself.). Now our neighbor is talking a little more rent, and they have been pushing the date. So we are beginning to think about getting the heck out of Serrano all together, and take a new area for a test drive. The past few months in El Dorado Hills has certainly demonstrated the value of getting to know a neighborhood before committing (similar to dating before marriage....I'm also matchmaker in my spare time =) The only thing holding us back is we really like our daycare and don't want to have to move the kids...sigh.

2 comments:

Cmyst said...

I know what you mean.
Believe me. I could write a book on the love/hate relationship I have with my rental.
Why don't you check for other rentals in the general vicinity, so you don't have to change daycare? There have to be others.

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://laptopseries.net