Monday, April 23, 2007

All Real Estate is Local

As they say, all real estate is local. So last week I took a look at some of the inventory to sales levels. I read a post on another blog that said 6 months or more is favorable to the buyer, any less, its favorable to the seller. Below is a list of some Sacramento zip codes with March sales activity (according to Dataquick on SacBee). Sales were compared to inventory levels collected on the 15th of April from http://www.realtor.com/


There are some huge disparities here. While I know today is better for the buyer compared to several years ago, many of the zips where we would consider living are still rather tight on inventory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look at realtor.com sometimes and I don't like it because it never gives me everything. It seems to filter out about 55% of the inventory for Davis.

On a search last week, Realtor.com returned only 88 properties. ZipRealty returned 181.

I use Ziprealty because I also like how they have a price reduction filter >; )

... said...

Love this chart!

Gwynster - there are only 2-1/2 real estate companies in Davis. #1 controlls 60-80%.

Much of the good stuff never gets into the database.

Anonymous said...

I know, and they are all freakin' hags to deal with. That's my good opinion of them. Wait until the really piss me off >; )