Monday, April 16, 2007

Serrano in El Dorado Hills

I have to admit, after living in D.C. for 8 years, when I first drove into the area, I was really impressed. Before I left California, I had vowed that if I ever saw another Spanish style house, it would be too soon. But Serrano changed all that.

However, first impressions fade quickly. Other than the nice looking architecture of the houses, I am really not too fond of the community. I don't like gated communities that prize conformity above all else. And to top it all off, the park doesn't have a bathroom, which has been a problem for my 3 year old on more than one occasion.

As for the housing situation...it is really ridiculous.......every street is filled with for sale signs. So for all those commenting that the inventory is largely made up of run-down homes .....they are wrong.....there are also tons of overpriced Serrano homes.

No comments: