Sunday, April 15, 2007

Devil is in the Details

I currently track inventory and sales in Folsom and El Dorado Hills. Each week I hit the public MLS to see what has changed within my search criteria, what prices have dropped, what houses have going into escrow etc. I started in early February, once we became more familiar with the area. I occasionally look at other areas of interest, but don't actively track the data.

I tend to regularly hit ZipRealty, Zillow, MetrolistMLS and SacBee for my data. I also visit several excellent Sacramento housing blogs that regularly post data. I have them to thank for the care and feeding of my obsession. (I had never even looked at a blog before them!)
http://sacramentolanding.blogspot.com/ as well as http://sacrealstats.blogspot.com/

I'll get to posting some actual data tomorrow.

5 comments:

Lander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lander said...

When you find a cure for this obsession, please let me know. Until then, welcome to the blogging world.

Buying Time said...

I'm am truly honored! How the heck did you find the site?

Lander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lander said...

(Sorry - for some reason I'm having trouble writing today!)

Linking to another blog is the equivalent of leaving a calling card. Many blogs use site counters which provide the blogger with site statistics, including referring sources. I use Statcounter.

I was blogging for 5 days, when this site noticed my link to them and sent a ton of visitors my way. It's been all downhill since then :)